Staff honored at annual brunch, award ceremony
President Jim Doti joined other administrators in giving praise and recognition to Chapman University’s staff members during the June 17 Staff Appreciation Awards Ceremony and brunch.
The annual event recognized this year’s President’s Award Winner, Steve Peralta, senior systems specialist, as well as the Service Award Honorees for landmark service anniversaries.
Peralta, senior systems specialist, received a rousing chorus of cheers and applause when his award was announced.
“I just like helping people. So I kind of task it upon myself to make everyone’s computer experience as easy as possible,” said Peralta, who also received his five-year anniversary pin this year.
Also nominated for the President’s Award were:
- David Backus, programmer analyst, Information and Systems Technology
- Terry Boesel, associate director of athletics, Athletics
- Annette Brito, lead client services specialist, Office of the Registrar
- Laurie Gates Cussalli, administrative assistant, Leatherby Libraries
- Derek Horne, film coordinator, Dodge College of Film and Media Arts
- Jennifer Hunnewell, assistant to the dean, Schmid College of Science
- Susan Johnson, program coordinator honors programs, Office of the Chancellor
- Margie E. McCoy, assistant to the dean, College of Educational Studies
- Marisol Arredondo Samson, director institutional research, Office of the Chancellor
- Christina Williams, administrative assistant, Argyros School of Business and Economics
Friday’s ceremony also included the traditional comic video of administrators paying surprise visits to employees receiving the highest service awards for years served. In addition, many staffers left with door prizes generously donated by Angels Baseball, The Beach Pitt BBQ, Bowers Museum, Habit Burger, In-N-Out Burger, Ruby’s Diner, South Coast Repertory, Chapman Athletics, Purchasing Department, Public Safety and University Advancement.
Service Award Recipients included:
Suk Bae Kim
James Peter Vander Pluym
Jesus Hau Poot